Senior WLAN PHY engineer
Job no: 496418
Work type: Experienced
Location: Bangalore, India
Categories: Communications, Electronic design, Product development, RF electronics, System on Chip and System Design
Senior WLAN PHY engineer
You are member of WLAN PHY Systems team, Algorithm Development, Simulation and Bringup (EnSigma Communications IP). The PHY Systems team is primarily responsible for baseband algorithm development and managing simulation environment built in Matlab and C. The team is also responsible for modelling the RF and PHY impairments and implement fixed point transceiver.
Opportunity to be involved in the cutting-edge technology in the area of WLAN 802.11 algorithm development and product development. Will also have an opportunity to patent original ideas and contribute to standardization for upcoming WLAN based standards and interact with the best in the industry.
• Be an individual contributor designing algorithms for wireless transceivers.
• Work on Matlab/C implementation of PHY baseband transmitter/receiver.
• Model effects of RF impairments and design compensation algorithms
• Work with hardware team on verification of HW baseband implementation using Matlab/C model based test vectors
• Work on performance evaluation of wireless transceivers using FPGA based prototyping
Abilities make possibilities:
Your expertise in core competency areas combined with your meticulous approach allows you to become a valuable contributor in the design of innovative products. You are able to function by working alone or as part of a team as needed. You are flexible and willing to contribute to all parts of the product IP development cycle including design, implementation, testing, and validation.
• Strong background in signal processing and communication theory.
• Very strong coding & debugging skills in C/Matlab
• Experience with product development of industry standard compliant wireless transceivers.
You might also have
• Familiarity with 802.11 a/b/g/n PHY standards or OFDM PHYs
• Experience with fixed point implementation of PHY blocks
• Some knowledge of Hardware design, bit matching, test vector generation for verification
• Familiarity with MIMO transceivers
We live technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smartphones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: India Standard Time