GPU Graphics Platforms and Tools Software Engineer
Job no: 496404
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK, Wroclaw, Poland
Categories: Android, Drivers, Graphics, Linux
To join a team of software engineers developing low-level drivers for the full family of PowerVR Graphics cores. The successful candidate will contribute to design, implementation and maintenance of the software drivers for the current and next generation cores, and assist customers in enabling their new PowerVR-powered SoC platforms, including solving complex hardware and software issues. Assisting customers can take place from Imagination's headquarters, via video conference, or a customer sites such as the US or Asia.
The Services Platforms and Debug Tools team is part of the PowerVR software graphics group and interfaces with many other teams, including GPU compiler, OpenGL, OpenGL ES and DirectX driver teams, hardware designers and customer facing product management teams.
As the first port of call for customer issue debug and platform bring-up, team members can expect to acquire a wide range of GPU driver development and OS integration skills and key involvement in driver road-map feature design and development. One of the team's secondary responsibilities is for driver-side tooling infrastructure design, enabling sophisticated in house tools to be utilised for analysing and optimising the driver call stack.
The successful candidate will be developing driver software for cutting edge future devices with the opportunity to work closely with our customers, many of which lead the world in the products they create.
Working as a part of a team, you will have some or all of the following responsibilities:
Software design: contributing to the driver architecture to support current and next generation cores
- Code ownership: become responsible for one or more key areas of the driver.
- Customer support: assisting customer engineering group with customer issues, integrating and porting our drivers to new SoCs.
- Hardware debug: investigative work involving hardware emulation, software simulators, RTL simulations and waveform analysis, and internal and customer silicon to root-cause complex hardware issues
- You may also have the opportunity to contribute to driver tooling, with the potential for code ownership and responsibility for key areas of our driver related tooling infrastructure.
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- Self-starter and confident in own ability
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in a team
- Able to understand and communicate complex ideas
Target Capabilities and Skills:
- Any knowledge of kernel and driver programming and concepts is useful
- Ability to absorb and understand complex designs in existing code
- OS knowledge: preferably Linux and Android but other OS experience will be considered
- Understanding of embedded real-time operating systems and associated concepts
- Assembly language
- Scripting (Perl, Python)
BSc/BEng in Engineering or Computing. Degrees in Maths/Physics with a computing focus are also welcome.
Advertised: Central European Daylight Time
Applications close: Central European Standard Time