Research Engineer - AI and Machine Learning
Job no: 496390
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Processors, Vision, AI, Machine Learning
As a member of the Vision and AI Research Team you will be responsible for delivering novel and innovative solutions to ensure the future success of PowerVR products. You will carry out research projects focused on bringing state-of-the-art machine learning and AI (e.g. CNNs, DNNs, RNNs) to mobile and embedded platforms.
A key part of the challenge is in developing high performance algorithms that are significantly more efficient than competing solutions. The role provides significant opportunities to work on cutting edge hardware and software technologies that allow our customers to develop unique products in areas such as augmented reality, virtual reality, autonomous driving, surveillance and intelligent home devices.
The Vision and AI Research Team have a track record of success. Projects in the team focus on enabling high performance, state-of-the-art computer vision (e.g. face detection and recognition, simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM)) and machine learning (e.g. CNNs, DNNs) in low power environments. You will have a key role in helping to develop innovative products like the recently launched Series 2NX Neural Network Accelerator (https://www.imgtec.com/powervr-2nx-neural-network-accelerator/).
- Carry out world leading research into machine learning algorithms
- Identify and plan new research topics of value to the company
- Propose and develop patentable ideas
- Investigate improvements to existing algorithms and technologies
- Implement simulations and demonstrations of new algorithms and technologies
- Write technical reports and white papers describing developed technologies
- Interact with development and marketing teams to take ideas from research into products
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- A PhD in machine learning, computer vision or related area with industry or post-doc experience
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning (e.g. CNNs, RNNs, reinforcement learning, supervised and unsupervised learning) and applying it to at least one of the following areas: Computer vision, object detection and localization, speech recognition, natural language processing
- Hands on experience with at least one of the following tools: Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, mxnet
- Evidence of successful research (e.g. publications, patents, products)
- Good knowledge of C/C++ development
- Good mathematical background (e.g. linear algebra, numerical optimisations, probability theory, etc.)
- Experience of developing efficient algorithms
You might also have
- Experience of developing efficient machine learning algorithms suitable for hardware or software implementation
- Experience of GPU compute (e.g. OpenCL, CUDA, Renderscript, DirectCompute) or graphics (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan)
- Experience of generating and identifying patentable ideas
- Experience of supervising team members and/or managing research projects
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just clicking the ‘Apply now’ button and send in your CV.
Competitive salary and role part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing date 16th February 2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time