Research Engineer - Hardware Graphics (IC Design)
Job no: 496384
Work type: Experienced, Graduate - Immediate Start
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Compilers, Electronic Design, Embedded Software, Graphics, Processors, Technical Writing, Simulation
Imagination is committed to the design of world-leading, high performance, low power graphics processors.
You will join the PowerVR graphics research group, a leading research team developing and improving on existing and new 3D/2D graphics technologies and techniques that will help create that next generation of graphics processor rendering hardware.
Whilst typically assigned your own particular area to investigate, you will collaborate with other research engineers to aid both your own and wider team research.
- Research state of the art techniques to help make the next generations of graphics processors more efficient, powerful and/or feature rich
- Develop software simulations of architectures and compilers
- Generate performance statistics and targets for hardware design
- Analyse data and research algorithms to improve performance
- Explore new features for our next generation of graphics hardware
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- A proven ability to analyse, innovate and experiment; done research for a thesis, project etc.
- Solid C and C++ programming skills
- The ability to work independently with your own initiatives
- Passion for computer graphics
- 1st class or 2:1 degree in a related subject e.g. computer science or electronics
You might also have:
- Knowledge of computer graphics techniques
- Some knowledge of computer/graphics hardware
- Compiler knowledge or experience
- Experience of 3D graphics API programming
- Knowledge of engineering-level mathematics (e.g. linear algebra and calculus)
- Windows and/or Unix development experience
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary, part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing Date - 25/08/2019
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time