Build Engineer SW Graphics Driver
Job no: 496382
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Embedded software, Graphics, OpenCL, OpenGL ES
The Software Graphics Driver team enables Imagination’s world leading GPU performance through the design and development of the graphics driver. This means that people from all over the globe have a first-class device experience because our software helps their apps to run quickly, efficiently and reliably.
As a Build and Tools engineer you will be responsible for creating build and packaging to help software graphics release their final product. You will be responsible for updating the environment with new features and enhancements so that we can deliver the driver development kit to our internal and external customers. This role is important so that you can be part of delivering a service that is reliable and repeatable at a low cost. You will be able to be part of the final stages of the Software development life cycle to help prepare the product for customer.
You will work with all the driver development teams to help manage our build and packaging structure, as well as bringing enhancements and features to build infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery.
- Own, manage and improve our build process with a focus on efficiency
- Manage build and packaging infrastructure
- Design and develop enhancements and new features to build infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery
- Work with the QA Execution team to improve integration of their tooling and our tooling
- Provide scripting support to Operations team to enable efficiency savings in our development lifecycle
- Initiate and manage GPL reviews
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers and stakeholders successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Demonstrable experience with Python programming or Shell scripting
- Familiarity with build environments on Windows or Linux
You might also have
- Perforce and Git experience
- Linux make and Android build experience
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration systems E.G. Jenkins or similar
- Continuous delivery experience
- Experience with automating cumbersome, manual tasks
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We will encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time