Research Engineer - Vision and AI
Job no: 496369
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Embedded software, Vision, Processors, Technical Writing
As part of the Vision and AI Research team, you will be responsible for delivering novel and innovative solutions to ensure the future success of PowerVR products. You will work with development engineers, marketing and external customers to identify research opportunities. The role will provide significant exposure to cutting edge hardware and software technologies.
The Vision and AI Research Team have a track record of success. Projects in the team focus on enabling high performance, state-of-the-art computer vision (e.g. face detection and recognition, simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM)) and machine learning (e.g. CNNs, DNNs) in low power environments. You will have a unique opportunity to influence the direction of product roadmaps and be exposed to projects related to all PowerVR IP (Vision, GPU, machine learning and ray-tracing).
- Carry out world leading research into computer vision and machine learning algorithms
- Identify new research topics of value to the company
- Propose and develop patentable ideas
- Investigate improvements to existing algorithms and technologies
- Implement simulations and demonstrations of new algorithms and technologies
- Write technical reports and white papers describing developed technologies and
- Interact with development teams to take ideas from research into products
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of computer vision (e.g. optical flow, object detection, 3D reconstruction), or machine learning (e.g. CNNs, RNNs, reinforcement learning, supervised and unsupervised learning)
- Evidence of successful research (e.g. publications, patents)
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ development
- Good mathematical background (e.g. linear algebra, numerical optimisations, probability theory etc.)
- Experience of developing efficient algorithms
- A PhD in computer vision, machine learning or related area. Alternatively, undergraduate degree and industry experience in related areas
You might also have
- Experience of developing efficient image processing, computer vision or machine learning algorithms suitable for hardware or software implementation
- Hands on experience with at least one of the following tools: Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, mxnet
- Experience of GPU compute (e.g. OpenCL, Renderscript, DirectCompute, CUDA) or graphics (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan)
- Experience of generating and identifying patentable ideas
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just clicking the ‘Apply now’ button and send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time