Leading Hardware Design Engineer
Job no: 496366
Work type: Experienced
Location: Bangalore, India
Categories: Communications, Electronic design, System on Chip and System Design
Leading Hardware Design Engineer
With over 30 supported wireless standards in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, GNSS, audio and TV broadcast, Ensigma provides the most comprehensive range of wireless connectivity and broadcast IP solutions in the market today. Ensigma wireless IP can be a single standard or as highly complex multi-standard solutions such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combos; scalable from low-power, low data-rates to high performance, high data rate solutions. To create our next generation of wireless IPs we need you to put your design skills to the test and help us develop the targets. This means understanding the current IP and understanding the specification and requirements and implements the design of Low Power WiFi PHY.
• Play Lead design engineer role.
• Develop RTL solutions for Low Power WIFI PHY baseband IP.
• Deriving the Hardware architecture for better performance and area from the System Specification,
• Basic unit testing of the developed blocks. Verifying against the system level data.
• Synthesis and lint for IP blocks.
• FPGA validation on board.
• Occasional lab debugging with software team.
• IP customers support.
Abilities make possibilities
You’re an analytical thinker who does your best work faced with complex technical problems. A great communicator you know how to articulate clearly and team up with design and system teams to achieve your objectives. You are self-motivated, take the initiative and get things done to the highest quality, on time, every time. You are an inspiring, organised leader who people naturally trust and follow.
• 5 to 10 years’ experience in RTL based digital design (FPGA or ASIC development)
• Strong Design skills from system specification (MATLAB) for IP development
• Should have involved in Requirements gathering and analysis from the SYSTEMS team.
• Strong RTL coding skills (VHDL and Verilog)
• Hands on experience in Digital Design Methodologies and FSM based design, Low power Design methodologies and data path design.
• Signal Processing and communication theory domain knowledge
• Strong Expertise in Data/control path design of algorithms and fixed-point arithmetic related stuff.
• Experience of handing multiple clock domain designs.
• Excellent Digital design skills and having a good understanding of timing closure and related methodologies like synthesis and STA
• Hands on experience in 802.11 Wireless Physical layer development
You might also have
• Expertise with PHY design/implementation/verification of any communication systems/protocols such as 802.11 and other wireless protocols
• Knowledge on Lint, ASIC Synthesis, CDC.
• Experience in analyse/debug issues on FPGA bring up is added advantage.
• Leading/Managing a smaller team would be an added advantage.
We’re champions of technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: India Standard Time