Graphics Firmware Engineer
Job no: 496354
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK, Wroclaw, Poland
Categories: Graphics, Linux, OpenGL ES
The Services Firmware team is part of the PowerVR software graphics group and interfaces with many other teams including other driver teams, hardware development teams and research teams. The firmware that the team produces is at the core of interaction with the GPU, and implements cutting edge features and functionality essential to the efficient execution of modern day GPU tasks.
You will be designing and developing low-level firmware and drivers for the full family of PowerVR Graphics cores, and you will have the chance to contribute to both software and hardware designs. You will develop specialised knowledge in many areas of the GPU hardware and corresponding firmware and driver features.
- Use you accumulated experience and understanding to help guide the firmware and driver architecture to support current and next generation cores
- Liaise with hardware teams to rationalise the future design of PowerVR graphics cores
- Assume leadership for one or more key areas or activities of the firmware/driver
- Assist the customer engineering group with customer issues, and integrating and porting our drivers to new SoCs
- Perform investigative debug work involving hardware emulation, software simulators, RTL simulations and waveform analysis to root-cause complex hardware issues
- Contribute to development of the pre-silicon GPU driver to facilitate the validation effort of new cores, alongside hardware, software and test groups within the PowerVR division
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent C programming skills
- A thorough understanding of Linux
- Wide knowledge of computer system architectures
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team
- The ability to understand and communicate complex ideas
- Confidence in your own abilities, coupled with a guiding influence over others
- Some kernel mode, assembly, or bare metal programming experience
You might also have
- A good understanding of Android or other OS’s
- An understanding of embedded real-time operating systems and associated concepts
- Some scripting experience (Perl, Python)
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time