GPU Graphics System Software Engineer
Job no: 496350
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Android, Compute, Debugger, Embedded software, OS Kernel
An opportunity is available for you to be part of the Services Cores team. You will be part of the PowerVR software graphics group that interfaces with many other teams, including other driver teams, hardware development teams and research teams. Be part of a team which produce the foundation of the GPU driver stack, and has ever increasing responsibilities such as platform/OS/device/SoC abstraction, GPU scheduling, GPU memory management, synchronisation of parallel hardware and software operations, power and thermal management and display management.
You will be developing driver software for cutting edge future devices with the opportunity to work closely with our customers, many of which lead the world in the products they create. You will be building on your existing software design and coding skills, and you will develop specialised knowledge in many areas of the GPU hardware and corresponding driver features.
- Contribute to the driver architecture to support current and next generation cores
- Provide input into the future design of PowerVR graphics cores
- Become responsible for one or more key areas of the driver
- Assist the customer engineering group with customer issues, and integrating and porting our drivers to new SoCs
- Perform investigative debug work involving hardware emulation, software simulators, RTL simulations and waveform analysis to root-cause complex hardware issues
- Contribute to development of the pre-silicon GPU driver to facilitate the validation effort of new cores, alongside hardware, software and test groups within the PowerVR division
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Good C programming skills
- Have had some exposure to Linux
- An understanding of Driver Development
- An understanding of Source code management
You might also have
- A good understanding of Android or other OS’s
- An understanding of computer system architectures
- Some kernel mode, assembly, or bare metal programming experience
- Some scripting experience (Perl, Python)
- Ability to work on large codebase
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time