OpenGL ES Graphics Driver Software Engineer
Job no: JP1704KL
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Drivers, Graphics, OpenGL ES
This is a technical software engineering role for an OpenGL ES driver engineer. You will be a member of a small team, working alongside other software teams implementing the full driver stack for PowerVR graphics hardware. This role will bring you into contact with current and future generations of 3D hardware targeted at mobile and embedded devices.
This role involves writing OpenGL ES drivers for current and next generation low power graphics cores, as well as influencing future hardware design. The team works to support major device manufacturers and OS vendors to produce cutting edge graphics for the low power market. Working as a part of a team, you will have some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop OpenGL ES graphics drivers to the Khronos specifications to drive our current and next generation graphics cores.
- Hardware and software performance analysis and optimisation of drivers to get the most out of our graphics IP.
- Interaction with simulator, research and hardware design teams to improve our next generation graphics cores.
- Support customers and their partners in bringing new products to market.
- Help maintain architectural and functional documentation.
- Participate in the Khronos process of creating OpenGL ES specifications.
The successful candidate will:
be a self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team, as required
- have a positive attitude and constantly strive to innovate
- be able to understand and communicate complex ideas
- have excellent attention to detail
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computing.
Target Capabilities and Skills:
- Good C programming
- Some knowledge of the modern 3D graphics pipeline and an enthusiasm for computer graphics and especially OpenGL (ES)
- A desire to learn about low-level driver development for 3D hardware
- Understanding of computer architecture concepts (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.) is a bonus
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time