Leading Simulation Design Engineer
Job no: RI010KL
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Processors, Simulation
Work within a small team writing C, C++ & SystemC simulators for leading edge processor hardware.
MIPS Processor cores can range from low end microcontrollers to 64-bit server processors and are integrated into many consumer and professional products across a wide range of markets, including mobile multimedia, home electronics, automotive and networking products. The simulation team is vital to the success of the MIPS processor group. It is where new processor cores/technologies are simulated and verified before release to customers, software stacks and even whole operating systems are developed before first silicon is produced.
Within the team you will get to preview, design and implement simulation of new MIPS cores / features, working closely with hardware engineers across multiple divisions and continents. You will contribute to the design and development of key company products that are both industry and technology leading.
Target Capabilities and Skills
The successful candidate should have some of the following skills:
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Good Linux shell/scripting
- Knowledge, interest or experience of hardware / processor architecture
- Knowledge, interest or experience of SystemC. Desirable but not necessary
- An ideal candidate would have experienced development for modelling environments supported by primary EDA companies
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills
- Committed to both innovation and excellence
- Highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Good multitasking/time management
- Thrive on working in a fast paced environment
- Team work abilities
- Experience of software development in a simulation or hardware verification context
Work within a small, friendly, highly motivated team of engineers developing multiple simulation tools for MIPS processor cores, supporting both internal and external customers. Tasks often require working across several disciplines to achieve successful solutions
A good honours degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, software engineering, embedded systems or systems engineering.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time