As the Product Manger you will play an integral part in the team that develops winning, inimitable value propositions based on Imagination's innovative technology and turns them into sustainable long-term revenue streams through adoption by the World's leading chip companies, OEMs and service providers, making Imagination the envy of the global technology industry.
Working closely with the Director of Business development, you will actively drive the Imagination organisation to further the proliferation of PowerVR Video & vision cores, through both strategic and tactical actions.
The role has two core elements:
- Generation of market requirements for next generation products
- Communicating with the market to promote current products.
Generation of market requirements involves active engagement with the market by attendance at industry events, interaction at senior technical and executive level with key players in the markets, especially the OEMs and other customers of imagination's customers, as well as user communities such as VR and other apps developers. The deliverables from this activity include market requirements documents for new products as well as general business intelligence.
Market communication requires creating and disseminating Imagination's market messaging through the production of papers, talks, blogs and webinars as well as defining demos and representing Imagination on the show floor at various trade shows.
The role involves extensive travel to virtually any part of the world, with time away from home of one to two times per quarter and one to two weeks at a time.
Target Capabilities and Skills
A comprehensive understanding of some of the following:
- GPU technologies
- CMOS sensors and digital cameras, computational photography
- Vision oriented visual systems such as pedestrian detection
- An extensive knowledge of the competitive environment for markets using those technologies
- A business-oriented view of technology marketing
- Able to work well as part of a team which is distributed over many time zones
- Approachable with motivating communication and interpersonal skills, able to properly represent Imagination to senior executives of world-leading companies
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Technical excellence along with the desire to be part of the creation of world class products
- Proactive and collaborative with a team oriented approach where achievement of the shared objective is the primary goal
- Driven to take tasks to completion
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic office environment. The environment is informal and the organization possesses an excellent social scene. The work often entails tight deadlines and the role has a high information load, commensurate with the dynamism of the technology industry.
Some international travel, averaging once a quarter, to liaise with customers and key partners, assist with major trade shows, and to attend conferences. Long haul trips are typically 1-2 weeks in length.
BEng or BSc in electronics, computing or similar
Imagination Technologies, one of the World's leading technology companies, develops and licenses innovative and market-driving silicon, software and cloud intellectual property (IP) solutions.
The sheer breadth of technologies and markets it addresses involves working with some of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia and App content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world's most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and beyond.
Imagination's sales and business development group is responsible for all aspects of licensing, including prospecting, technical promotion and account management. These activities, combined with the nature of leading-edge technology, make the work uniquely challenging, varied and stimulating.