QA Web Applications Engineer
Job no: GRAD DM1606KL
Work type: Graduate - Immediate Start
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Applications, Cloud, Linux, Tools, Web, Windows
You will be responsible for supporting the validation of PowerVR graphics hardware, simulators and drivers through developing the tools and automated systems behind the validation flow. This will bring you into contact with current and future generations of PowerVR graphics hardware targeted at a wide range of desktop and embedded devices.
This position has the advantage of having a wide overview of the entire graphics division, influencing decisions across the board. You will liaise with the driver developers, hardware developers and the simulation team right through to the Product Management and Release Engineers, working with the latest technologies and infrastructure
Working as a part of a team you will have some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Writing web applications to drive systems and report status and results.
- Writing scripts, applications, tools and documentation to automate the validation systems and aid in hardware and software debug and verification.
- Interact with other teams to reduce redundancy via developing just-in-time solutions and carrying out system and application consolidation.
• Strong SQL skills
Target Capabilities and Skills
The successful candidate will have some of the following skills:
- Server administration
- Excellent communications skill
- Doctrine ORM for PHP
- Experience of working with computer graphics
- Experience of creating and using REST/SOAP services
- Experience of high level operating systems – especially Android, Linux
- Experience of virtualisation technologies such as HyperV, Xen, QEMU
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-starter – able to work both alone and as part of a team
- "Can-Do" approach to workload,
- Friendly - outgoing personality, gets on with all types of people
- Tenacious - determined not to let anything stop getting the job done
- Open - enjoys working in an informal environment
- Dedicated - willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by business
- A passion for excellence and attention to detail
- Team player
A small team working in a relaxed environment dedicated to ensuring the quality of releases.
The varied nature of the work ensures that there is always something interesting to work on whilst the demanding workload is offset with flexibility and humour.
A degree in engineering, computing or similar
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time