Senior Customer Engineer (Implementation)
Job no: SVU1678HYD
Work type: Experienced
Location: Hyderabad, India
Categories: Electronic design, System on Chip and System Design
Imagination Technologies is one of the world's fastest growing and most exciting technology companies. The breadth of technologies and markets it serves involves working with most of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia and App content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world's most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and much more.
The Customer Engineering team works with all of Imagination's customers to ensure that they receive the support and advice they need to make best use of Imagination's IP cores and technologies. Working with some of the most advanced SOC design teams in the world, the Customer Engineering team is at the heart of delivering great support to all of Imagination's many partners.
The Role: Senior Benchmarking Customer Engineer (Physical Design)
A core function of the Physical Design Customer Support Engineer is the creation of reference implementation for the purpose of enabling prompt physical integration of our IP within our customers' SOCs. The successful candidate will be a prominent figure in our expanding Hyderabad team tasked with achieving the very best power, performance and area result on the latest generation PowerVR cores.
Primary Location: Imagination Technologies
3rd & 4th floors, Tower-A,
Plot No 39, Ananth Info Park,
Travel Requirements: Some international travel to be expected.
Opportunity: The efforts of the successful candidate will be highly visible, providing a platform for them to demonstrate their capabilities to the Senior Management team. The team is likely to expand rapidly over the coming years providing excellent scope for career progression.
• Assist with the creation of physical Design Optimization Kits (DOKs) to be delivered with Imagination Technologies IP.
• Providing feedback into design teams to help ensure IP performs to the desired standard.
• Core hardening tasks with the aim of developing layout based training
• Participate in 3rd party collaborations with leading Foundries and EDA tool providers.
• Needs to possess a good understanding of physical implementation flows
• At least 8yrs RTL2GDSII experience
• Track record of successfully implementing complex, lower power digital ICs.
• Good floorplanning assessment and analysis skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experienced in working to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
• Needs to be personable and able to influence others
• Experience using leading EDA tools, preferably Synopsys ICC2 and/or Cadence Innovus.
• Familiar with all DFT concepts, with experience of RTL based Mbist solutions and scan compression implementation.
• Understand LEC/Formality.
• Experienced with IC signoff flows using PT-SI, StarRC and Calibre
• Experience in low-power management techniques.
• Understanding of Verilog and/or VHDL
• Hierarchical design planning and top-level integration, including MIMs handling.
• Experience of 3D Graphics would be beneficial
Working Environment: The successful candidate will be expected to influence development of Layout support processes in addition to supporting some of the world's leading physical design teams.
Qualifications: A relevant honours degree in Electronic Engineering or similar.
Advertised: India Standard Time